Re: RFC: methods of sched event tracing and my assumptions

From: Darren Hart
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 17:09:21 EST

Darren Hart wrote:

After some gentle resistance to CVS and non-single-file testcases, I prepared a standalone prio-wake-min.c. It ran to completion on linus with slightly fewer wakeups than the LTP version (I removed a number of things that weren't strictly necessary for this specific exercise), png attached. It's hung part way through the scripts on rt though. I'll be looking into that, but in case you prefer to look at this version, it is available here:

http://dvhart.com/darren/linux/prio-wake-min.c

I have just now updated this test to fix a possible race when using a requeue PI enabled glibc (likely a bug in glibc) which also reduces the tests runtime from 1s to about 15ms (yeah, the sleep loops were rather stupid in the original version :/).

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
IBM Linux Technology Center