Re: Dell-laptop is not working without wireless

From: Mario Limonciello
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 13:19:27 EST

Hi Dmitry:

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Thursday 03 September 2009 09:42:35 am Mario Limonciello wrote:
>

> Hmm, what is the BIOS version in your box? Also, mine used to have
> broadcom-based wifi and I replaced it with iwl3945, would that make
> any difference?
I'm on BIOS A06, but I wouldn't /expect/ any of the stable (A**) BIOS
releases to change any behaviors like this.

What card the machine shipped with won't have a bearing on the behaviors
with the current card. There aren't any factory processes that change
the BIOS based on the card, just processes that would add newer firmware
directly to cards that support it.
--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*