Re: yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

From: Frans Pop
Date: Thu Sep 03 2009 - 16:17:03 EST

On Thursday 03 September 2009, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> I read the thread in which you tried. I will have my try, too. This
> time, I want to convert the existing users first and then throw the
> interface away. To me, it looks like there is only one prominent user
> left, Debian's discover. Even though the PCMCIA-information it collects
> is hardly useful, I converted it:

> Still working on getting any response from the maintainers :)

I'm a Debian Developer and one of the developers of Debian's installation
system. My suggestion would be to simply ignore discover. It is not used
anymore and the fact that it's un(der)maintained does not surprise me.

A simple follow-up to the bug report announcing the removal of the old
interface per kernel version X would be appreciated. If it actually
results in a build failure, it will probably get updated quickly enough.
The available patch will help with that.

Cheers,
FJP