Re: [Bug #14015] pty regressed again, breaking expect and gcc'stestsuite

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 16:30:19 EST

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> Thanks, I'm testing this and the pty_write() fix on i686 and ppc64 now.
>
> Sometimes the bug is difficult to trigger, so I may need to do loads of
> testing with different gcc versions before I dare to say that it's fixed.

Ok, I'm going to commit the two patches, because even if there is some
other bug hiding too (and it doesn't fix your thing - although I think it
will), this is definitely a real fix regardless.

And I want to do a -rc9 and let it get a couple of days of testing, since
I got way more pull requests than I hoped for while I was off diving.

Linus