Re: yenta_socket: PCMCIA-Cards are not recognised by kernel

From: Christian KrÃmer
Date: Sun Sep 06 2009 - 16:55:48 EST

On Sunday 06 September 2009 19:41:36 Wolfram Sang wrote:
> > > Uh oh. Which BIOS version do you have?
> >
> > The configuration interface displays: IBET41WW, 05/12/99.
> > I know this isn't the newest version, but I don't have a floppy device
> > for the laptop. I'll try to brun a dos cd with el torito folppy
> > emulation, maybe i can upgrade it this way.
>
> Given the various issues this laptop has, this is worthwhile, me thinks.

Yes, I'll try it. When the stuff with el torito won't work, I temporarily kill
my swap partition and install the DOS from an old Windows 9x CD from the
garret ;)

> > Strange, I'dont use a docking station. I have not even got one.
>
> Okay, then it is just a bay.

The laptop has a bay, thats right.

> > With regular PC Cards you mean 16 bit cards, don't you? I have only those
> > one wlan card, but i can try to organisate one.
>
> Yup, I mean those. That would sort out that the TI-Controller is broken.
> But there is more likely something wrong with the PCI-setup.

I can guarantee that the controller isn't broken. Before I installed the
Gentoo (that is running on the laptop now) I installed my old Windows XP to
look whether the hardware is broken. But therewith I could get It to work both
with the original Atheros 5xxx driver and with the driver CD Proxim shipped
with this card. So I'am sure, that exacly this card could work on this
socket.

I don't know if it's permissible with the license issues, but If you think
those information could help, I'll try to install it again and get those with
the devicemanager.
This would take some time, but I could do it...