Re: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 06:12:46 EST

On 09/07/2009 12:49 PM, Jens Axboe wrote:
[...]
And I have to apologize for using a large system to test this on, I
realize it's out of the scope of BFS, but it's just easier to fire one
of these beasts up than it is to sacrifice my notebook or desktop
machine...

How does a kernel rebuild constitute "sacrifice"?

So it's a 64 thread box. CFS -jX runtime is the baseline at
100, lower number means faster and vice versa. The latency numbers are
in msecs.

Scheduler Runtime Max lat Avg lat Std dev
CFS 100 951 462 267
CFS-x2 100 983 484 308
BFS
BFS-x2

And unfortunately this is where it ends for now, since BFS doesn't boot
on the two boxes I tried.

Then who post this in the first place?