Re: Zaurus suspend saga

From: Eric Miao
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 10:52:46 EST

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Richard Purdie<rpurdie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Unfortunately... Do you have any idea when this conversion took place?
>>
>> In past, MAX1111 driver was embedded in the Zaurus specific code. Now
>> MAX1111 is a generic SPI driver and spitz_pm.c calls it.
>>
>> Maybe it will still work with CONFIG_CORGI_SSP_DEPRECATED.
>
> I was thinking about this. The SSP interface is ridiculously simple and
> it might be worth just adding some SSP access code into the Zaurus
> offline code so it can access the MAX1111 without the rest of the system
> running. That would solve a lot of the problems.

That simple SSP API made a lot of headaches as well. Now there are three
clearly separated individual drivers even on a single SPI bus controlling the
LCD, backlight and the MAX1111 sensor instead of all those dirty tricks
messing up. And it was really a painful memory to touch that part of the
code and get it cleaned up.