Re: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Sep 07 2009 - 16:57:25 EST

* Michael Buesch <mb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 07 September 2009 20:26:29 Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Could you profile it please? Also, what's the context-switch rate?
>
> As far as I can tell, the broadcom mips architecture does not have
> profiling support. It does only have some proprietary profiling
> registers that nobody wrote kernel support for, yet.

Well, what does 'vmstat 1' show - how many context switches are
there per second on the iperf server? In theory if it's a truly
saturated box, there shouldnt be many - just a single iperf task
running at 100% CPU utilization or so.

(Also, if there's hrtimer support for that board then perfcounters
could be used to profile it.)

Ingo