Re: New fast(?)-boot results on ARM

From: Johannes Stezenbach
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 10:34:19 EST

Sorry for slow reply.

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 06:16:26PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:

> > Now that microcom is in Debian sid (thanks!), where can I find ptx_ts?
> > It seems to be quite useful.
>
> Back from the holidays, so here it is:
>
> http://pengutronix.de/software/ptx_ts/index_en.html
>
> Hope it can be useful...

Yes, it is. Thanks!

BTW, some feedback about microcom:

- the choice of ^\ as an escape charater is unfortunate since that
is usually mapped to set SIGQUIT in the tty; a btter choice would
be ^] (like telnet) or ^A (like minicom)
- typing the escape character immediate causes the menu to be displayed,
so one cannot send a break sequence for SysRq without cluttering up the screen

Would you take patches for that?

Johannes