Re: BFS vs. mainline scheduler benchmarks and measurements

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 13:04:03 EST

* Bret Towe <magnade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > * Bret Towe <magnade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> even then I would think they should be documented so people can
> >> find out what item is hurting their workload so they can better
> >> report the bug no?
> >
> > Would be happy to apply such documentation patches. You could also
> > help start adding a 'scheduler performance' wiki portion to
> > perf.wiki.kernel.org, if you have time for that.
>
> time isn't so much the issue but not having any clue as to what
> any of the options do

One approach would be to list them in an email in this thread with
question marks and let people here fill them in - then help by
organizing and prettifying the result on the wiki.

Asking for clarifications when an explanation is unclear is also
helpful - those who write this code are not the best people to judge
whether technical descriptions are understandable enough.

Ingo