Multiple ports support for virtio_console; major number for dev

From: Amit Shah
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 10:14:11 EST

Hello,

This is the patch that I have for adding support for multiple ports to
virtio_console. It's pretty stable in my testing so far and the memory
corruption that I had earlier has been resolved in linux-next so I'm
proposing this for inclusion.

This currently uses device major number 60 from the experimental range;
Alan could you please reserve a new major number for virtio_console?

Rusty, can you give this a review once more?

Thanks,
Amit