Controlling memory allocation

From: sidc7
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 22:24:51 EST

I had a question regarding memory allocation. On a contemporary system, the
kernel will allocate physical frames on the DRAM based on availability. Is
it possible for the kernel to somehow restrict frame allocation for a
particular process to a particular address range. For e.g. Lets assume the
DRAM ranges from 00-FF, on a contemporary system, the entire range is
available for the kernel to allocate to the processes. Is it possible for
the kernel to say PID 1: the frames will be allocated only in 00-A0, PID2:
the frames will be allocated from A1 - D0 and PID3: will get frames from D1
- FF.

Thanks for your time and help in advance and I really hope someone can help
me with this question

Regards
-SC