Re: Regression in suspend to ram in 2.6.31-rc kernels

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 16:05:23 EST

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:51:17 +0200
Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri 2009-09-11 23:45:01, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> >
> > Well system could check basic card ids if they match after resume - if
> > some users wants to crash his card by randomly swapping it during
> > suspend/resume - I'd have no problem with that....
>
> Well, I do have small problem with that :-).
>
> Anyway, patch for rechecking IDs would probably be accepted, but
> that's not how it works now.
> Pavel

It _does_ check the card id when you have UNSAFE_RESUME selected. It
doesn't just hook up whatever card you happen to have in the slot with
your old block device. I may have a lot of opponents when it comes
to my suspend design choices, but I'm not completely crazy. ;)

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.