Re: 2.6.31 ehci problem - mouse dead on scroll

From: Volker Armin Hemmann
Date: Wed Sep 16 2009 - 08:25:32 EST

On Mittwoch 16 September 2009, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 13:56:26 schrieb Volker Armin Hemmann:
> > ok, I am done. Was back earlier then expected and had an
> > all-awake-night, so lots of time:
>
> Thank you very much for the great testing.
>
> > with
> > USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup on
> >
> > Root Hub Transaction Translators on
> > Improved Transaction Translator scheduling off
> >
> > mouse is fine
> >

> > with
> > USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup on
> >
> > Root Hub Transaction Translators off
> > Improved Transaction Translator scheduling on
> >
> > mouse is fine
>
> So this is an EHCI root hub problem most likely.
> This means we need to include Alan, master of ehci.
>
> He'll need additional debugging info. Do you know how to get
> at the ehci registers through debugfs?
> Furthermore, if you have a hub can you try to attach your mouse
> through a hub?
>
> Regards
> Oliver

emm, the mouse is attached through a powered 4port usb 2.0 hub. That is the
only way to get it working. If I attach it directly (without loading ohci) it
does not work (well, only tried with both Transaction Translator options off),
and if I load ohci before I connect it, it is very very jerky. So jerky in
fact, that I considered douzends of lockups a day a better alternative.

debugfs is mounted (and usbmon too.):

cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/ehci/0000:00:12.2/registers
bus pci, device 0000:00:12.2
EHCI Host Controller
EHCI 1.00, hcd state 1
ownership 00000001
SMI sts/enable 0xc0080000
structural params 0x00102306
capability params 0x0000a072
status 4008 Periodic FLR
command 010019 (park)=0 ithresh=1 Periodic period=256 RUN
intrenable 37 IAA FATAL PCD ERR INT
uframe 232f
port 1 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 2 status 001005 POWER sig=se0 PE CONNECT
port 3 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 4 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 5 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 6 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
irq normal 20356 err 2 reclaim 16 (lost 0)
complete 20359 unlink 0

cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/ehci/0000:00:13.2/registers
bus pci, device 0000:00:13.2
EHCI Host Controller
EHCI 1.00, hcd state 1
ownership 00000001
SMI sts/enable 0xc0080000
structural params 0x00102306
capability params 0x0000a072
status 0008 FLR
command 010009 (park)=0 ithresh=1 period=256 RUN
intrenable 37 IAA FATAL PCD ERR INT
uframe 3a34
port 1 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 2 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 3 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 4 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 5 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
port 6 status 001000 POWER sig=se0
irq normal 0 err 0 reclaim 0 (lost 0)
complete 0 unlink 0

this is with 'all off', translators off selective resume off.

Glück Auf,
Volker