Re: [GIT PULL] writeback fixes and cleanups

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Wed Sep 16 2009 - 09:31:45 EST

On Tue, Sep 15 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This should conclude the major updates to the previous writeback
> inclusion, and has a bunch of must have fixes from Nick as well. So I
> think we should include this sooner rather than later, should also fix
> Ingo's bug report.

Linus, JFYI, the diffstat now looks like this:

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-2.6-block.git writeback

Christoph Hellwig (1):
writeback: merely wakeup flusher thread if work allocation fails for WB_SYNC_NONE

Jens Axboe (11):
fs: remove bdev->bd_inode_backing_dev_info
writeback: get rid of wbc->for_writepages
writeback: make wb_writeback() take an argument structure
fs: Assign bdi in super_block
writeback: only use bdi_writeback_all() for WB_SYNC_NONE writeout
writeback: use RCU to protect bdi_list
writeback: inline allocation failure handling in bdi_alloc_queue_work()
writeback: separate starting of sync vs opportunistic writeback
writeback: splice dirty inode entries to default bdi on bdi_destroy()
writeback: add comments to bdi_work structure
writeback: use schedule_timeout_interruptible()

Nick Piggin (4):
writeback: remove smp_mb(), it's not needed with list_add_tail_rcu()
writeback: improve scalability of bdi writeback work queues
writeback: Fix bdi use after free in wb_work_complete()
writeback: fix possible bdi writeback refcounting problem

fs/afs/write.c | 1 -
fs/block_dev.c | 1 -
fs/btrfs/disk-io.c | 1 +
fs/btrfs/ordered-data.c | 1 -