Re: MD/RAID time out writing superblock

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 09:32:53 EST

Mark Lord wrote:

Is this still happening from time to time now?
If so, disable the smartmontools daemon (smartd) and see if the problem goes away.
And especially disable hddtemp (which issues SMART commands) if that is also around.

It would be good to discover if those are the triggers for what's happening here.
..

Ah.. I've just now read your other recent posting, so no need to answer again here.

Tejun.. do we do a FLUSH CACHE before issuing a non-NCQ command ?
If not, then I think we may need to add code to do it.