Re: [crash] kernel BUG at net/core/pktgen.c:3503!

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 13:45:03 EST

* David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:51:12 +0400
>
> > [Ingo Molnar - Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 08:36:47PM +0200]
> > |
> > | not sure which merge caused this, but i got this boot crash with latest
> > | -git:
> > |
> > | calling flow_cache_init+0x0/0x1b9 @ 1
> > | initcall flow_cache_init+0x0/0x1b9 returned 0 after 64 usecs
> > | calling pg_init+0x0/0x37c @ 1
> > | pktgen 2.72: Packet Generator for packet performance testing.
> > | ------------[ cut here ]------------
> > | kernel BUG at net/core/pktgen.c:3503!
> > | invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
> > | last sysfs file:
> > |

> > Hi Ingo,
> >
> > just curious, will the following patch fix the problem?
> > I've been fixing problem with familiar symthoms on
> > system with custome virtual cpu implementation so
> > it may not help in mainline but anyway :)
>
> Ingo, does Cyrill's patch help?

For now i've turned pktgen off in my tests. Will check it again once
things have calmed down somewhat.

Also, i just tried to reproduce the pktgen crash with latest -git and
the config i sent - no luck, so i cannot test Cyrill's patch either.

Btw., we are seeing some other preempt count and task related
weirdnesses as well in other code, maybe it's related. No good pattern
yet to act upon.

Anyway - please disregard this bugreport until i've investigated it
closer.

Ingo