Re: announce: fsopbench - filesystem operations benchmark

From: Tobias Oetiker
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 01:40:10 EST

Yesterday david@xxxxxxx wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Tobi Oetiker wrote:
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Today david@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > > lower and slower than what?
> >
> > reading on an idle system vs reading on a system where writer
> > processees are active ...
>
> as a user I would expect that a disk that is busy being written to will be
> slower to read from.
>
> what would you expect to happen in this situation?

sure, the question is how much slower ... 40 times slower speed and
80 times slower response time is a bit much I would say ...

half the speed and half the response time would be what I would
expect ... but then thats just me ...

cheers
tobi
http://it.oetiker.ch tobi@xxxxxxxxxx ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900