Re: Paravirtualization on VMware's Platform [VMI].

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 17:29:44 EST

Alok Kataria wrote:
Hi Ingo,

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 00:42 -0700, Ingo Molnar wrote:

The thing is, the overwhelming majority of vmware users dont benefit from hardware features like nested page tables yet. So this needs to be done _way_ more carefully, with a proper sunset period of a couple of kernel cycles.

I am fine with that too. Below is a patch which adds notes in
feature-removal-schedule.txt, I have marked it for removal from 2.6.34.
Please consider this patch for 2.6.32.

This seems way, way too early still.

-hpa