Re: No more bits in vm_area_struct's vm_flags.

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 07:38:11 EST

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hugh Dickins wrote:
> >
> > Does TuxOnIce rely on CONFIG_MMU? If so, then the TuxOnIce patch
> > could presumably reuse VM_MAPPED_COPY for now - but don't be
> > surprised if that's one we clean away later on.
>
> Hmm. I'm not sure. The requirements are the same as for swsusp and
> uswsusp. Is there some tool to graph config dependencies?

If its requirements are the same as theirs, then I think yes,
TuxOnIce relies on config MMU: because config HIBERNATION depends
on SWAP (kernel/power/Kconfig) and config SWAP depends on MMU
(init/Kconfig).

But I hesitated to assume that, because in the TuxOnIce patch I have
here for reference (e.g. when deciding it'll cause you unwelcome hassle
if I move swap_info_struct from swap.h to swapfile.c!), it looked as if
you support saving to an ordinary file, not just to a swap file?

> Is there some tool to graph config dependencies?

I don't know it, but would be nice, and maybe it does exist.

Hugh