Re: [RFC Patch] kbuild: remove -Wdeclaration-after-statement

From: Amerigo Wang
Date: Fri Sep 25 2009 - 21:04:33 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 05:38:01AM -0400, Amerigo Wang wrote:
I got lots of "ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code" warnings
during compile today's kernel.

I think we can remove the gcc option '-Wdeclaration-after-statement'
now, since we already have C99 for 10 years. :)

This is a matter of style more than what C99 allows.
Kernel style is to fobid this(*) so we keep the warning.

(*) Based on reading several threads where this has
been mentioned - I have no specific references to CodingStyle.

Ah, Ok, no problem.

Thanks, everyone!