Re: newer non-distro kernels don't boot / unpack?

From: Steven A. DuChene
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 11:56:00 EST

OK, so after removing rhgb and quiet from the menu.lst
for this kernel the last few messages it prints are:

sdb:
sdb1 sdb2
sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk
XFS mounting filesystem sda3
VFS: Mounted root (xfs filesystem) readonly on device 8:3.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 416k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Since it does not seem to be reaching the init stage but
does seem to be finding the disks and mounting the filesystems
it is getting much further along than I thought. I guess
I have a problem with the console/terminal parts of the
kernel compile/configuration.