Re: [2.6.31] ir-kbd-i2c oops.

From: PaweÅ Sikora
Date: Thu Oct 01 2009 - 06:47:33 EST

Dnia 01-10-2009 o 12:42:10 Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napisaÅ(a):

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:17:20 +0200, PaweÅ Sikora wrote:
Dnia 01-10-2009 o 12:06:09 Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napisaÅ(a):

>> I'm not sure if it is the problem here, but it may be prudent to check
>> that there's no mismatch between the module and the structure
>> definitions being pulled in via "#include" (maybe by stopping gcc after
>> the preprocessing with -E ).
>
> Thanks for the hint. As far as I can see, this change is new in kernel
> 2.6.32-rc1. In 2.6.31, which is where Pawel reported the issue, we
> still have IR_KEYTAB_TYPE.
>
> Pawel, are you by any chance mixing kernel drivers of different
> sources?

everything is under control. i've two separated builds:
- 2.6.31 from git with debugging patch.
- vendor kernel from rpms.
both kernels have separated initrd images for easy booting/testing.

And both have the problem you reported?

yes and this is expected because vendor kernel is based od 2.6.31.