SB600 sound module disabled on kexec

From: Loïc Grenié
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 09:41:15 EST

Hi,

I have had this problem for a long time and not reported
it earlier. Sorry. This might have been true already for
2.6.18...

I have a laptop with an ATI (AMD) SB600 south bridge
including a sound module. When I boot the kernel from the
bootloader, there is no problem: hda-intel drives the module.
When I kexec the kernel, there is a problem with IRQ
configuration and the sound is disabled.

I have attached lspci.[01], dmesg.[01] and config. The
suffix is .0 for a bootloader-booted kernel and a .1 for a
kexec'ed kernel.
Full disclosure: I've swapped some lines (but not
modified any) in the dmesg.[01] to reduce the number of
differences between the files. I think it should not matter
(the error does not seem to be related to the order of the
initialization of the various subsytems), but if it does please
tell me.

Thanks,

Loïc