Re: 2.6.32-rc3: low mem - only 378MB on x86_32 with 64GB. Why?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 05 2009 - 20:33:09 EST

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Jeff Chua wrote:

> Loud and clear. And appreciated all the replies. I think it's time for
> upgrade!

As Byron said, it really should be sufficient to just upgrade the kernel
(I presume that you already have a CPU that is 64-bit capable: not very
many boards with old CPU's can even fit 64GB of ram).

In fact, I wish more people did that, just so that we'd get better
coverage of the 32-bit compat code. We occasionally find issues there,
although I think it's getting rarer.

Linus