Re: complete IO hang since a few kernel revision

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Oct 05 2009 - 22:02:56 EST

On 10/05/2009 02:33 AM, Norbert Preining wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2009, Ulrich Lukas wrote:
A number of patches went into 2.6.32-rc3 which was released today.

Ok, with 2.6.32-rc3 running now.

Can you test if your problems are solved with this latest version?

Example:
dpkg-source -x of a big debian source package
which is more or less untarring a big .tar and then applying a diff
which is much smaller (tar.gz: 482M, diff.gz: 412k)

The dpkg-source has finished, I am back at the prompt.

At the same time a simple
$<ENTER>
in a different xterm did not produce *any* thing, no output, for about
30 seconds. I mean 30 seconds waiting for an empty command is a bit
strange I would say.

I don't know to which this is related, but it seems quite buggy.

Best wishes

Norbert

Are you getting any errors showing up in dmesg?