Re: sata_via: SError: { UnrecovData Proto TrStaTrns }

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 14:51:33 EST

Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I couldn't do much about it other than ask the person to take
> it to linux-ide (which I don't think he did), but it does make
> one wonder if there is some issue with the vt6421a when connected
> to an ixp4xx.

Well.

IXP4xx has some special properties like ability of PCI masters to access
only 64 MB of RAM (there is bounce buffering) and emulated inb/outb
operations. It's PCI bus can operate at 66 MHz, though in this case it's
set at 33 MHz (many mini-PCI cards assume 33 MHz while not grounding
M66EN line, it may result in 66 MHz).

ARM is bi-endian, though this machine runs little-endian.
--
Krzysztof Halasa