Re: linux-next: suspend tree build failure

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 00:30:53 EST

Hi Rafael,

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:31:55 +0200 "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the notification.
>
> Did you cross-compile it by chance? It builds for me on native x86_64 with
> allmodconfig, which is why I missed this issue.

I cross compile all my x86 builds as my big machines are all PowerPC.

> > I have used the version of the suspend tree from next-20091002 for today.
>
> I added the #include <linux/compiler.h> to freezer.h, but obviously I couldn't
> verify if that fixed the problem. Hopefully it did.

My guess was wrong. You either need to leave the __cold off the
definition in kernel/freezer.c or move it before the function name. No
other function definition in the kernel is marked __cold, but several
declarations are.

Also __cold only generates something for gcc >= 4.3 ... I am using 4.4.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx