Re: spitz: add gpio button support (AK_INT and remote controldescription)

From: Stanislav Brabec
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 07:31:15 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Tue 2009-10-06 13:48:52, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> > Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > I'm not sure what AK_INT is, nor what event it should
> > > generate.
> >
> > AK_INT: remote control detect
>
> Thanks. So for now I'll do:
>
> /* This is for remote control support. Zaurus supports wired
> remote on headphones. */
> {
> .type = EV_KEY,
> .code = KEY_F13,
> .gpio = SPITZ_GPIO_AK_INT,
> .desc = "Wired remote (AK_INT)",
> },
>
> ..and leave it for proper driver to support nicely.

I think that AK_INT should not generate key press event. Permanently
pressed key could confuse many programs.

But we may want to use switch events. I propose to create new switch
event for it: SW_REMOTE_INSERT. But mapping of AK_INT to
SW_REMOTE_INSERT cannot be straightforward.

That is why I propose to ignore AK_INT for now.

Following implementation may be used later (with future resistor matrix
keyboard driver):

Map SPITZ_GPIO_HP_IN to SW_JACK_PHYSICAL_INSERT (after debouncing).

Generate SW_REMOTE_INSERT if:
- SW_JACK_PHYSICAL_INSERT is on AK_INT is active and remote pin has full
voltage
or
- SW_JACK_PHYSICAL_INSERT is on and remote driver shows valid value

SW_REMOTE_INSERT should be recognized by the Jack abstraction layer
(sound/core/jack.c).

Well, I am thinking about defining extra values for resistors, that can
make stuff even more useful at cost of need of non-standard wiring on
fourth ring of the audio jack. It can generate SW_MICROPHONE_INSERT,
SW_LINEOUT_INSERT, and not yet defined SW_HEADESET_INSERT and
SW_LINEIN_INSERT (which would require hardware mod inside Zaurus for
stereo line-in).

The default may be SW_HEADPHONE_INSERT (short connection between remote
pin and ground).

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec