Re: system gets stuck in a lock during boot

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 14:47:33 EST

Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 08:52 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

What I think is happening is while building
sysvinit with the SELinux patch, sysvinit is looking
in /lib for libselinux(but could be wrong) but libselinux is in
/lib64.
(here's my excuse as a newbie:)
part of a pain when building an x86_64 multilib is building
everything to point to lib64(pure64 with the soft link
lib64 -> lib makes life so much easier).

I'm going to look at that patch and see how it tells
-lselinux -lsepol to find the libs.
(if this is the case then I must admit I am a real
newbie, and apologize for the confusion).

Justin,

Just being able to monkey around with the init code on top of SELinux
already qualifies you to be well beyond a newbie ;-)

-- Steve

yep like I said I owe you guys an apology, for
my mistake(thanks for taking the time).

From what it looks like init was looking for libselinux
in /lib instead of /lib64.
after adjusting the Makefile and adding:
LDFLAGS = -s -L/lib64 -lselinux -lsepol
LIBDIR=/lib64
the system boots right up.
(sh*t built everything to point to lib64(xserver and all).., and
forgot the modify init.c to do the same).

Justin P. Mattock