Re: iso9660 mount problem

From: Jack Byer
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 19:31:41 EST

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:22:02 -0500
> Jack Byer <ojbyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have a CD of a commercial software program that I am attempting to run
>> under wine. The CD works without problems under Windows, but when I mount
>> it on linux the file system appears to be empty (no files or
>> directories). The drive is capable of reading the CD because "strings
>> /dev/cdrom" works.
>>
>> What would I need to do in order to troubleshoot this problem?
>
> Firstly check what occurs if you mount it by hand with -t iso9660 and
> with -t udf. Secondly check dmesg for any diagnostics from the mount such
> as corrupt metadata on the CD.

It will not mount as UDF:

UDF-fs: No VRS found
UDF-fs: No partition found (1)

As iso9660:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only

dmesg:

ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 1
ISO 9660 Extensions: IEEE_P1282

I tried this on three different machines all with the same result.