Re: Xilinx SYSACE driver and 8-bit attachment

From: John Williams
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 19:47:55 EST

Hi John,

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:44 AM, John Linn <John.Linn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I fixed the device tree generator and checked into git-dev, I'll push it out soon after a little more test time.

I think we should be careful about adding special per-device handing
in the DTS generator. Where ever possible I would encourage generic
handling. Most Xilinx devices are "green fields" with respect to the
device tree binding and these params, SystemACE is a little different
because it's been in mainline longer and has users outside the DTS
generator flow.

John
--
John Williams, PhD, B.Eng, B.IT
PetaLogix - Linux Solutions for a Reconfigurable World