Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 2.6.32-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 10:41:03 EST

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, James Bottomley wrote:

> So what do you want to do about this?

I'm taking it (and the parisc one I was also unhappy with), but I'm a bit
grumpy as usual. The parisc pull came totally outside the merge window,
and the SCSI fix pull is technically perfectly fine, but what makes me
grumpy is that I get the strong feeling that people aren't even _trying_
to hit the merge window with new drivers, because they decide that they
instead can just push them any time.

So I don't think I necessarily want to change the "new driver" policy per
se, but I want people to see the merge window as the _primary_ time you
get any new code in. The "yes, we'll take new drivers" thing should be the
exception rather than the rule. It doesn't seem to be an exception.

Linus