Re: [GIT PULL] omap fixes for v2.6.32-rc3

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 17:43:19 EST

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Greg KH wrote:

> [...]

Well, as this is quite a high-priority functional fix, I'd suggest using
other channels that trivial tree, as this one is primarily intended for
simple fixes that are not really urgent.

> > The problem is that OMAP devices (like beagleboard) are not booting
> > correctly right now because of a wrong merge. It has been identified,
> > tested, and acked, but nobody has picked it up for a pull request, so
> > it's not clear it will be on -rc4.
> Has the patches been sent from the maintainer to Linus?
> Who is the maintainer? Who normally sends this stuff?

The problem is that MMC now doesn't have proper maintainer, since Pierre
stepped down from maintaining this stuff.

Still, for the fix mentioned on

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-mmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00539.html

the most appropriate contact would probably be Madhusudhan Chikkature.
Adding him to CC of this thread.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.