Re: Regression?: keyboard state/LED inconsistency in2.6.32-rc1/2,3,4

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 04:58:39 EST

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 10:30:15AM +0200, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:18:28AM +0300, Marin Mitov wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm testing 2.6.32-rc1/2,3,4 and I'm using 2.6.31.3.
> > There is a difference in keyboard/LED behavior.
> > If in BIOS NumLock is set on, when the kernel starts
> > it puts NumLock off and the LED state is off in 2.6.31.3
> > (which is consistent), but in 2.6.32-rc1/2,3,4 the LED
> > stays on (and this is not consistent with keyboard's state).
> >
> > Comparing drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c (I'm using it)
> > in 2.6.31.3 and 2.6.32-rc1/2,3,4 among others changes I
> > found the following lines (see the patch bellow) deleted,
> > so I propose either to add them again (this will restore
> > keyboard/LED consistency) or revert the patch that has
> > deleted them.
>
> Oh, wow, those lines are quite clearly needed, I wonder why they got
> deleted, and I'm too lazy to find the commit comment ...

Hmm, it appears I deleted a bit too much.. At some point I was thinking
the input core would reset LEDs and repeat rate on newly created device
but it was wrong idea. Unfortunately I was careless in applying atkbd
patch removing resume support (which should be handled by the input
core)...

--
Dmitry