Re: [Bug #14388] keyboard under X with 2.6.31

From: Daniel Hazelton
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 22:09:31 EST

On Monday 12 October 2009 07:38:41 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> > So it seems likely to me that this is a kernel bug, somewhere, and the
> > TTY layer seems like a good place to look (OK, a horrible place, but a
> > *likely* place).
>
> Somewhere around 2.6.29-30 various things went funny in the keyboard
> layer for me - notably characters "bleeding" across console switches.

Possibly not even related... I was seeing a similar problem in .26 or so and
it turned out to be caused, IIRC, by SCIM (in Gnome) and the KDE "Input
Methods" system. However my problem might not be related, because this even
stopped Alt-SysRq-K from working - and it only happened if I was holding down
a "modifier key" for a longer than average (say 30 seconds). I never reported
this because I soon after got tired of that distro (I was giving it a try at
the urging of friends) and replaced it.

The problem has not re-occurred since.

DRH