Re: [REGRESSION] "bind" a device to a driver doesn't not work anymore

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 22:08:28 EST

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:52:19AM +0200, Ãric Piel wrote:
Op 12-10-09 17:48, Dmitry Torokhov schreef:
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 01:46:17PM +0200, Ãric Piel wrote:
Eric, do you still need to fiddle with i8042 to get your keyboard working with
2.6.32-rc3? We need to make sure that resube works without users needing to
mess with bind/unbind.
Yes, the keyboard doesn't work after the first resume from ram (the
later resumes do work). I haven't tried any special option to the i8042
driver. This is on a HP 2510, in 64 bits.

Could you please try and let me know if unloading at suspend and
reloading after resume atkbd and/or psmouse drivers and leaving i8042
alone "fixes" the issue?

Unloading the modules before suspend and reloading them after works
around the issue, indeed.

Do both of them need to be reloaded? Or only one (my guess psmouse) is
enough. Hmm, this is HP laptop so it most likely has Synaptics touchpad.
I wonder what happens if you force it to bare PS/2 protocol (or maybe
Intellimouse)... Try adding "option psmouse proto=imps" and
"option psmouse proto=bare" and suspend/resume.

--
Dmitry