[ANNOUNCE] 2.6.31.4-rt14

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Wed Oct 14 2009 - 06:04:31 EST

We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
series.

- Forward to 2.6.31.4
- Handle futex spurious wakeups
- slab fixes for NUMA (peterz)

The slab problem is still not completely resolved. It's hard to
reproduce and was only seen on Nehalem dual socket systems so far. If
you have such a machine you might help providing a back trace, just run

while true; do hackbench N; done

until it explodes. Adjust N to your system, the larger the
better. Make sure you have a serial console to capture the oops.

Download locations:

http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Git release branch:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git rt/2.6.31

Git development branch:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git rt/head

Gitweb:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=shortlog;h=rt/2.6.31

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

to build the 2.6.31.4-rt14 tree, the following patches should be
applied:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.31.4.tar.bz2
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.31.4-rt14.bz2

Enjoy !