Re: Tips for module_init() dependencies

From: Gregory Haskins
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 12:19:39 EST

Daniel Walker wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 11:58 -0400, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Possibly.
>>
>> A) Any suggestions on how? Can I express this in Kconfig or something
>> (i.e. "depends on FOO"). I currently have "select FOO" in the BAR
>> object, but this doesn't seem to be sufficient to describe the relationship.
>>
>> B) Do I have to make the entire chain follow suit? (I have C deps on B,
>> B deps on A kind of scenarios)
>
> Yeah, what Randy said .. As far as I know it should be just a build
> order issue .. In the make file when you specify your new module along
> with all the others where you put it is actually important .. In
> fs/Makefile you have this line,
>
> obj-$(CONFIG_CONFIGFS_FS) += configfs/
>
> and I would guess you want yours after that line if your adding to that
> makefile.

Right, that makes sense. However, the problem is that these
dependencies might not have anything to do with ./fs per se and
therefore would not necessarily be in the ./fs Makefile. But I think
the Makefile dependency idea in general is the right approach, so I will
experiment with this suggestion.

Kind Regards,
-Greg