Re: [REGRESSION] "bind" a device to a driver doesn't not work anymore

From: Éric Piel
Date: Thu Oct 15 2009 - 18:46:10 EST

Op 15-10-09 23:59, Dmitry Torokhov schreef:

Hm, this is wierd... In the dmesg you sent me in the previous mail I see:

input: AT Raw Set 2 keyboard as /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input4

So it looks like sometimes it is in raw and sometimes it is in
translated mode. The i8042.reset might be affecting it.
Indeed, since there is i8042.reset, it's "Raw" instead of "Translated".

Also, are you
using BIOS password at resume by any chance?
No, I just press the power button to resume and nothing else.

I guess we'll have to wait till you get back to the box and then I want
fresh debug dmesgs (after poweroff) of older (with bind/unbind) and latest
kernels, going through boot, 1st (make sure to type qwerty) and 2nd
resume (qwerty again). Make sure you don't have any other i8042 or atkbd
switches besides i8042.debug.
Ok, I'll.

Eric