Re: [regression] 2.6.30 leaking keys on console switch

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 01:01:02 EST

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:24:06AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Andi, are you absolutely sure that this appeared between .29 and .30 for
> > you?
>
> I only noticed it after the .30 update at least.
>
> > And if so, is there any chance you could try bisecting it?
>
> Ok.
>

> > (*) have been on virtual desktop where firefox was running, switched to
> > console using Ctrl-Alt-F1, and switched back to X using F7. Firefox then
> > popped up some dialog about configuring some feature that is triggered by
> > pressing F7/AltF7, or whatever. Is that what you are seeing?
>
> Yes, I typically see it with the help screen. It also happens with
> other applications, not just firefox.

I don't really see the issue here, except for maybe X being stupid - it
seems that it processes release events as press+release in cases when it
did not see the press event.

Start up xev, switch to text console and then back to X (don't release
the CTRL+ALT+Fx combo). Let X switch fully and then release the combo.
Observe the 2 events reported by xev for Fx key. You may try running
evtest in other window and observe that there are no down events at the
time of 2 xev events, only autorepeats and release event (and
autorepeats are ignored by X who does it's own software autorepeat).

--
Dmitry