Re: [patch 0/2] x86, UV: fixups for configurations with a largenumber of nodes.

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 02:35:33 EST

* Robin Holt <holt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We need the __uv_hub_info structure to contain the correct values for
> n_val, gpa_mask, and lowmem_remap_*. The first patch in the series
> accomplishes this. Could this be included in the stable tree as well.
> Without this patch, booting a large configuration hits a problem where
> the upper bits of the gnode affect the pnode and the bau will not
> operate.

i've applied this one.

> The second patch cleans up the broadcast assist unit code a small bit.

Seems to be more than just a 'cleanup'. It changes:

uv_nshift = uv_hub_info->m_val;

to (in essence):

uv_hub_info->m_val & ((1UL << uv_hub_info->n_val) - 1)

which is not the same. Furthermore, the new inline is:

+ return gpa >> uv_hub_info->m_val & ((1UL << uv_hub_info->n_val) - 1);

note that >> has higher priority than bitwise & - is that intended? I
think the intention was:

+ return gpa >> (uv_hub_info->m_val & ((1UL << uv_hub_info->n_val) - 1));

in any case please do that cleaner by adding a separate mask variable.

Ingo