Re: kernel BUG at drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c:1278

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 15:07:37 EST

> Anything I should look for? I know 2.6.28 is not being developed any
> further. Should I start looking at 2.6.31 to help with this?

Definitely looking at 2.6.31 or even 2.6.32-rc kernels to see if this
still happens would be a good idea. I've not done much IB work with
VT-d enabled, but the fact that the BUG() is in drivers/pci seems to
indicate that the problem is fairly likely to be some internal
corruption in the intel_iommu code, caused by a bug there, rather than
anything IB related.

- R.