Re: Leaks in trace reported by kmemleak

From: Zdenek Kabelac
Date: Mon Oct 19 2009 - 05:15:59 EST

2009/10/16 Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@xxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 17:07 +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>> So I've tested this modified version and it gives much better result
>> with respect to amount of leaked objects
>
> BTW, I created this tree with kmemleak patches to be pushed upstream:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/kmemleak.git
>
> It would be easier to test.

Yes this branch worked well - and there were no leaks from i915 or
kvm modules for trace.

What is however interesting is the false positive leak for
dma_debug_init(). Which is sometimes listed and sometimes not - the
memory is allocated just once in the code during boot, so it's strange
that pointers to that area are sometimes out of kmemleak scan.

Zdenek