Re: DVB-T dib0700 one minute hang when resuming

From: Gonsolo
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 15:39:56 EST

Am 24.10.2009 20:14, schrieb Oliver Neukum:
Am Samstag, 24. Oktober 2009 18:44:34 schrieb Gonsolo:
Hi!

The following script fixes an annoying 62 second hang when resuming
while my Nova-T stick is connected to my notebook.

Do you have any idea why it doesn't find its firmware?

Don't know. Maybe it's because it is not included in initrd or user space is still not available when resuming. In the first case it is a Ubuntu Kernel bug, in the second case the driver has to be fixed by using request_firmware_nowait. But please notice that I am absolutely not qualified to answer this question. I was hoping to get an answer on that issue since this is the last annoying bug that keeps my Ubuntu/Debian/Gnome/GNU/Linux distribution from being perfect. :)