Re: [REGRESSION] "bind" a device to a driver doesn't not work anymore

From: Éric Piel
Date: Sun Oct 25 2009 - 07:47:16 EST

Op 23-10-09 18:31, Dmitry Torokhov schreef:

Right, your init scripts/UDEV/HAL whatever adjust keymap to match your
laptop.
:
Now, all depends on when this adjustment happens... In your case it
looks like X server starts before the keymap is adjusted, so on first
resume the keymaps are different and it disables the device.
Ok, now I catch it. It's actually my own written script, which is executed at init a bit after X starts. It does a couple of "setkeycodes". So now the scenario is very clear: X starts, init script do setkeycodes, resume/suspend, X detect a difference in keymaps and disable the device.

BTW, I haven't really found info about this: what does setkeycodes? It does not work on a specific device, but still it changes keymap of some specific devices. Does it change only the current devices which have keys? Whenever a new input device appears, all the setkeycodes should be re-executed?

Eric