Re: [RFC] to rebase or not to rebase on linux-next

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 15:27:23 EST

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:06 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Don't lie about
> getting an ack that you didn't get before you made that patch public.

But how do you get your ack without making it public?

But I do agree Signed-off-by is a must for every commit (if one is
missing, something is horribly broken). When I need an Acked-by
(touching a maintainer's code) I post an RFC branch (not to be pulled).

But for Tested-by, it is much easier for a tester to pull and test some
git branch than it is to pull patches from LKML.

And as we know, the easier it is to test, the more testers we have.

-- Steve