Re: PANIC: early exception 08 rip 246:10 error ffffffff810251b5 cr2 0

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 15:35:21 EST

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:07:34 PDT, "Justin P. Mattock" said:

> The results are similar with the messages, except
> with the curly's the system will panic the same as above
> and not boot.

As I expected - I explained why already. And in fact, I intentionally did
that, so that the *last* one of those added messages before your panic
will output the info regarding the device that caused it (hacking around
the panic would mean that you'd get a whole bunch of messages and not have
an easy way to tell *which one* caused the now-bypassed issue...)

> (So I guess it was good to forget the curly's
> to some extent).

So out of curiosity, what did the messages actually *SAY*? They should
be pointing at the device that's giving your system indigestion, so it's
useful to actually include the output (I didn't pull that printk format
string out of thin air.. ;)