Re: Dropped characters in serial connection without flow control

From: Peter Stuge
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 14:19:52 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> > There is no(!) support for flow control in the hardware.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do
>
> What's wrong with XON/XOFF?

That was my thought also. I asked about flow control, both hardware
and software, and got word from the firmware developer that the
device firmware can not be changed to support hardware flow control.
I didn't get a comment on XON/XOFF and have already asked again.
Meanwhile I wanted to also check here.

> And since when is adding a UART to a hardware chip expensive these
> days?

I agree. I'm trying to work toward a more advanced hardware solution.

//Peter