Re: serial port 8250 messed up after coverting from little endian tobig endian on kernel 2.6.31

From: myuboot
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 15:36:21 EST

Sergei, Shmulik,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I was using UPIO_MEM since I was not
aware of the difference between UPIO_MEM and UPIO_MEM32.

I just tried UPIO_MEM32 without adding a offset of 3. But the result is
bad - after the kernel initializes the serial console, the console print
out messes up. The early printk is fine because the u-boot initialises
the serial port fine.

How I tried UPIO_MEM32 is in platform.c changing the iotype to
UPIO_MEM32 in the uart_port structure and passing the structure to
early_serial_setup. What I did is the same as in
arch/mips/ar7/platform.c.

In 8250.c I removed the offset I added to mem_serial_out and
mem_serial_in.
Did I miss anything? Thanks again for your help.